Tuesday, May 17, 2011

You wanna go for a walk?

Such sweet words... when said while clearing the dinner table...


.... from the oldest brother to the youngest.

They'd eaten more in a few short minutes than I can remember them eating in a while, which reminds me to step up the meal planning and preparation to keep up with the new demand of having both boys at home for a while.  The leftovers consisted of a single half ring of a slice of red onion and less than a half cup of baked beans...

Dinner was full of good natured jostling and recounting the day's tales.
Stories broken by serious chowing down.

And then the older one said "you wanna go for a walk?"

Quiet settled in as the old door creaked shut behind them. 

I count my blessings that they're good brothers to each other... that they love each other and crave time to spend together.  I love that they're outdoorsy and are competent in the wild.  I love that being afield and in the woods brings them peace of mind and I love that it brings them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment