Tuesday, September 21, 2010

interesting conversations

and a thoughtful moment...

Today, I'd spent the entirety of a day on building a resume.
And I was mentally exhausted.


One of the harder questions that I'd faced today was determining my own personal strengths...

you know, the kind of strengths that are job related.

You know, I always really need and count on my family and friends.

Some days, I need them more than others. 

So, I asked a couple of folks who matter to me what they thought my strengths were...

and I got some very thoughtful answers...

that made me feel better about this whole ' looking for a job at 50 thing'.

It helps sometimes, when you can't quite figure out what to do or think about yourself,
that those around you can...

it's good to have folks who know you, and care enough...

Self examination can be a challenge.

When I most needed a break from it all, I got a call from my girl...

and among other things that she said,  she made a pretty profound statement... something she's done a lot since she was small...

She said   "Sometimes, you don't have to be the best, you just need to be the last one standing."

Something to think on while I write...

No comments:

Post a Comment