Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sorry, just can't help myself.

I know... every one sees signs of spring. I, for one, can never get enough.
Spring is simply my very favorite time of year.

These have been here in the yard since my great grandmother planted them, sometime after the turn of the century... well, the turn of the century between the 1800's and the 1900's. Though I never had the pleasure of meeting her, I've been gifted annually of many things that her hands planted. Not sure what these are, even, but they're delightful. I've tried a number of times to identify them, with no success.



Delicate apple blossoms, the promise of apples in the fall.


Nothing says "Spring" like this...





This is a very simple, plain clematis. Sweet and old fashioned, it tumbles over a shepherds hook, above the fish pond. Palest of pink, in the earliest days of spring, it's always a surprise to find it in full bloom... none of that a bloom here and a bloom there for this plant... it's covered, quite suddenly, and a lovely sight to behold.




This is a deciduous Azalea... in a most vibrant orange. It's simply stunning every single year. I was introduced to this plant by my Uncle Hugh, an amazing gardener and a generous kind soul who played an important part in my upbringing.


No comments:

Post a Comment