Saturday, April 16, 2011

Biddies...


Hello, nutmeg!


Hello, Marigold!

The ladies Rose, Dorothy, Blanche and Sophia (yes, the golden girls!),Chipmunk, Michelle, Eleanor and one who's name escapes me just now will have their photo ops shortly.  Edited to add  Ahh!  The missing name was Hillary, one of the three named after First Ladies...I don't know why I couldn't remember that one!

The girls accidentally joined us, here on the homestead, because I stopped by the feed store at an inopportune time.  I was weak, weak, weak willed... I was.

And they peeped and ran around the pens and I thought about how I didn't need any babies just now, but that I needed a new infusion of genes in the chicken coops.

Next thing I know, I have a box of peeping biddies and a bag of chick starter and I'm on my way home.

Baby chickens make me strangely happy...  and I obviously shouldn't trust myself to go to the feed store alone for the remainder of the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment