Monday, March 28, 2011

Where did it go?

There is no denying that spring is here...

... there are tomato and pepper plants growing inside...

... the beautiful mixed lettuces and the basil are up outside...

...the dogwoods are about to burst into bloom....

and yet, this morning, it is raining....

... a cold, cold rain....

sort of a cold winter rain....

...windy, bone chillingly cold.

My morning visit from the red tailed hawk, noted by his shrill cry whether I see him or not, did not happen.

My early morning wait on the porch for the pup to 'go now' was a bitter, cold, damp awakening.

And though there is much to get done, I simply do not wish to move...

... I wish to sit in my chair, pup at my feet and knit...

... in front of the fire,

...coffee cup steaming beside my elbow.

Leftover bowl of cabbage and potato cream soup from yesterday for lunch.

Gardening book sort of mocking me from the table.

Every ounce of me knows better... knows the things that I should be getting done...

... but somehow... I'm thinking and knitting instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment