Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sometimes, it takes you by storm...

Yesterday, I needed to 'connect' with my boy.

I don't know how I did it without the cell phones when my other two were this age.

Except that they had to be adult and manage things for themselves, like flat tires and 'I don't have enough gas to get home'.

I digress.

I called him to do a bit of coordination of our afternoon, evening schedule and he answered his phone.

And he sounded ...

.... like a grown man...

... not a manly boy...

but a fully grown man.

For a long, long moment, I could hardly breathe.


Then he said that he didn't have gas to get home...

which reminded me that he's not..

quite...

there.... yet.

He's well underway... don't get me wrong...

... but sometimes, you just need a little bit of help on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment