Thursday, November 1, 2012

Change of seasons

I live in a place where there are four seasons. 



 Four distinctly different seasons...


 And all of them are beautiful in their own way.


For as long as I have lived here, I do not believe that I have ever enjoyed an autumn as much as I am enjoying this one.  Cooler temperatures are nice and the colors are gorgeous.
Sleeping with the windows open and needing to layer on a quilt or two brings a whole different kind of peaceful rest as the chorus of night noises change to a more urgent symphony.


 Yet again, with the season change, work for me is curtailed and I find myself on a new wavelength
trying to figure out how to get things geared up for the Thanksgiving holiday and what to do with the time I have at hand.


 Things change... This old tree, almost certainly a witness to history, failed to put out leaves this year and stands sentinel before time and the winds of change bring it down.  
The subtle changes sometimes leave the biggest void.
I will miss it when it goes.


 But for sure, the road always leads home.
For me and for all those that I love.
 A hearth with a fire, a blanket and a book.


 A time to wonder and think.


Time to be reminded of my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment