Monday, August 24, 2009

My thoughts on the matter...

On Monday evening, last week, my father in law passed from this world, flanked by his two sons and surrounded by the loving concern of his family, church family and friends. He fought a courageous battle with multiple myeloma.

During the battle, we saw the strength of character of an amazing man.

We saw strength of character in ourselves.

We saw strength in the nurses and doctors who cared for him,
and in his minister,who was his friend.

We shall miss him, more than words could ever say.
I am proud to have known him and been his daughter in law for these many years.
I see him in my husband and his brother
and in my three precious children.

The love that was the man lives on.

Into life Eternal...

Jerry Thomas Weaver
1939-2009

Deuteronomy 28:6 "Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment